Words of wisdom from the self-made billionaire founder of Amway and Christian philanthropist, Richard DeVos.
1. The only thing that stands between a person and what they want in life is the will to try it and the faith to believe it is possible. (Source)
2. If you wait till you know everything, you’ll never know anything.
3. If I had to select one quality, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence.
4. Life… It tends to respond to our outlook, to shape itself to meet our expectations.
5. I’m proud that Jay and I, from the beginning, focused our efforts on helping people and giving them an opportunity. That continues to be the secret of Amway’s international success today.
6. “Be a life enricher” and “you can do it!” (Source, Simply Rich – The autobiography of Rich DeVos)
7. I’m a sinner, saved by grace – a Christian, saved by Jesus Christ. That’s who i really am.
8. The Christian church and Christian education are high on our list of giving.
9. If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying, ”Here comes number seventy-one! – (source)
10. I have succeeded only by helping others succeed. – (source)
11. Overcome the negative by doing the positive.
12. Its not how well you handle the good days that determine how well you do in life,its how well you handle the bad days.
13. If i had some idea of a finish line, don’t you think i would have crossed it years ago? – (source)
14. It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.
15. If you have a dream, give it a chance to happen.
16. Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A word of optimism and hope. A “you can do it” when things are tough.
17. If I had some idea of a finish line, don’t you think I would have crossed it years ago?
18. Money cannot buy peace of mind. It cannot heal ruptured relationships, or build meaning into a life that has none.
19. Life… It tends to respond to our outlook, to shape itself to meet our expectations.
20. The easiest thing to find on God’s green earth is someone to tell you all the things you cannot do.
21. You make up your mind before you start that sacrifice is part of the package.
Video below, Rich DeVos on the power of faith: