Joseph’s dreams – Infographic (Bible story)
The story of Joseph from the Bible (Genesis 37-45)
- Joseph is born the 11th son of a great man named Jacob
- Joseph’s father favours him and gives him a special robe.
- His brother’s get jealous of the special attention he gets from dad!
- Joseph receives dream from God of becoming a leader and one day ruling over his brothers.
- He tells his dreams to his brothers but brothers decide to get rid of him permanently.
- Brothers throw him into a ditch for dead and later sell him to Egyptians into slavery.
- Joseph is sold to Potiphar and made to serve in his house but the wife falsely accuses him of sleeping with her.
- Joseph is thrown back in Jail. Back to square one!
- Joseph soon becomes the head of Prisoners in jail due to leadership abilities and God’s favour.
- One day Pharaoh has a troubling dream and needs someone to interpret it.
- Pharaoh quickly calls Joseph to interpret his dream after attempts by magicians and wise men of Egypt fail.
- Joseph interprets the dream very accurately and impresses Pharaoh.
- Pharaoh appoints Joseph Prime minister of Egypt
- He forgives brothers who bow down before him as Prime Minister and he saves Egypt from famine.