We’ve compiled a list of 20 prayer points to help you overcome anxiety.
If you struggle with depression or anxiety it’s important to meditate on God’s word regularly and pray. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 commands us to pray without ceasing. Below are prayer point to break free from anxiety.
1. Lord take away from me every anxiety that wants to overshadow my life.
2. I refuse to allow anxiety to rule my life in Jesus name.
3. Spirit of anxiety you shall not ruin my life in Jesus name.
4. Anxiety lose your hold and grip from my spirit, soul and body for the rest of my life in Jesus name.
5. Anxiety about finances release me now because the Lord is my provider.
6. Anxiety you are not from God therefore depart from my life in Jesus name.
7. Anxiety about my health challenges be still and know the Lord God is my healer.
8. Anxiety designed to ruin my home be put out of action because The Lord is my peace.
9. Anxiety about my security release me now because the Lord is my banner.
10. Anxiety you are of the earth but I am seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus, hence you cannot have power over me. Release your hold over me in Jesus name.
11. Anxiety over my future, I refuse to let you trouble my life because the plans of God for my life are good, not of evil to give me an expected end.
12. Grip of anxiety lose your hold from every area of my life.
13. My family shall not be held down by anxiety in Jesus name.
14. River of anxiety I command you to dry up in my life.
15.Storm of anxiety threatening to drown out my peace, hear the word of God “Be still and know that the Lord is God” in my life.
16. Darts of anxiety you cannot find expression in my life, get out now.
17. Arrows of anxiety planted in my soul come out with all your roots.
18. Wind of the Spirit of God blow away the atmosphere of anxiety around my life and family.
19. Tentacles of anxiety in my life wither and dry up forever.
20. Anxiety your power over my life is broken totally in Jesus name.
Relevant Bible verses
1.) “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
2.) “The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.” – 2 Corinthians 10:4
3.) “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7