The Bible is filled with verses that emphasise how important it is to work hard and how being diligent is one of the most rewarding qualities.
Here is a list of 12 Bible verses on being diligent.
1. “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might, for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.” – Ecclesiastes 9:10
2. “Do you see a man skillful in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before obscure men.” – Proverbs 22:29
3. “Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.” – Proverbs 16:3
4. “The hand of the diligent will rule, while the slothful will be put to forced labor.” – Proverbs 12:24
5. “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men.” – Colossians 3:23
6. “She perceives that her merchandise is profitable. Her lamp does not go out at night.” – Proverbs 31:18
7. “Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits lacks sense.” – Proverbs 12:11
8. “In all toil there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty.” – Proverbs 14:23
9. “The sluggard does not plow in the autumn; he will seek at harvest and have nothing.” – Proverbs 20:4
10. “The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.” – Proverbs 13:4
11. “Do not love sleep, lest you become poor; open your eyes, and you will have plenty of bread.” – Proverbs 20:13
12. “But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.” – James 1:25