20 empowering quotes by filmmaker Tyler Perry, who credits his faith in God for his massive commercial success.
1. It doesn’t matter if a million people tell you what you can’t do, or if ten million tell you no. If you get one yes from God that’s all you need.
2. The Bible says that all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to his purpose. I believe that. Because I’ve seen it all work.
3. It takes a week to do a sitcom in Hollywood. I do a show a day in my studio, three or four shows a week.
4. I thank God I didn’t become successful until I was older.
5. If you don’t want my God here, you don’t want me here either. God has been too good to me to go and try to sell out to get some money.
6. My biggest success is getting over the things that have tried to destroy and take me out of this life. Those are my biggest successes. It has nothing to do with work.
7. It’s not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place, because it frees you.
8. My mother was truly my saving grace, because she would take me to church with her. I would see my mother smiling in the choir, and I wanted to know this God that made her so happy. If I had not had that faith in my life, I don’t know where I would be right now.
9. Happiness for me is totally just being at peace knowing that, everything I’m doing, God is pleased with that. It’s complete peace for me.
10. You know what the question is that a lot of people ask me all the time, ‘How did you make it, how did you make it?’ Well I tell you there is only one answer for that,…..The truth be told, it was nothing but the grace of God…..I say this in the press all the time but people will cut it out of articles or they don’t wanna print it or they don’t wanna say it,
11. I’ve never chased money. It’s always been about what I can do to motivate and inspire people.
12. You can’t build your life around hurts from the past.
13. I’m not sure why no one wants to admit there’s a viable audience out there that believes in God and wants to see a movie with their family. The demand is there. The supply is not.
14. I want to own a network. I want to own a network where you can turn it on with your family all day long and get positive reinforcement.
15. Don’t believe the hype. I don’t care how many number ones you have at the box office, I don’t care how much they say you’re great, don’t believe it. Just stay in your lane and do what you’re supposed to do.
16. I’m not afraid to have a character say, ‘I am a Christian,’ or, ‘I believe in God,’ because I think they represent real people on this Earth.
17. All you can do is plant your seed in the ground, water it and believe.
18. Put all your energy into watering one area. If you spread the water across many seeds, you don’t have as much water for one seed. Focus on one thing. Make it your priority.
19. You can never be upset with the people who forced you into your dream or up higher.
20. I didn’t have a catharsis for my childhood pain, most of us don’t, and until I learned how to forgive those people and let it go, I was unhappy.