Quotes by the late Minister Norman Vincent Peale, the author of best-selling personal development book The Power of Positive Thinking.
1. When you get up in the morning, you have two choices – either to be happy or to be unhappy. Just choose to be happy.
2. Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.
3. Change your thoughts and you change your world.
4. The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
5. Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.
6. To cure worry, spend fifteen minutes daily filling your mind full of God. Worry is just a very bad mental habit. You can change any habit with God’s help.
7. We tend to get what we expect.
8. Learn to say no to the good,so you can say yes to be best!
9. The ‘how’ thinker gets problems solved effectively because he wastes no time with futile ‘ifs.’
10. No matter how dark things become, someone is always with you – and that someone is God. He helps by giving you peace and a positive mental attitude.
11. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
12. When people believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.
13. Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities — always see them, for they’re always there.
14. It’s always too early to quit.
15. Don’t let your negative thoughts hold you back.you are greater than your circumstances.
16. A man who live for himself is a failure. Even if he gain much wealth, power or position he is a still a failure.
17. If you want things to be different, perhaps the answer is to be different yourself.”
18. If you put off everything till you’re sure of it, you’ll never get anything done.
19. The Bible – the wisest document ever known in human existence, which defies the ravages of time and change because it contains the truth that cannot be changed or invalidated.
20. Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.
21. Be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet. Make all your friends feel there is something special in them. Look at the sunny side of everything. Think only the best, be as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
22. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give everyone a smile. Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to criticize others. Be too big for worry and too noble for anger.
23. Do not be awe struck by other people and try to copy them. Nobody can be you as efficiently as you can.