We’ve compiled a list of Bible verses about how to become a good friend.
Meditate on the verses below and gain the real mentality and characteristics needed to become a true friend. The scriptures below reveal what it takes to build companionship, compassion and support for others in a sincere way.
1. “Do to others as you would have them do to you.” – Luke 6:31
2. “Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.” – 1 John 3:18
3. “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” – Ephesian 4:29
11. “One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” – Proverbs 18:24
12. “Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.” – 1 Corinthians 15:33
13. “Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise.” – Proverbs 19:20
14. “Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.” – Matthew 18:21-22
15. “ Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.” – Luke 6:36
16. “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” – Romans 12:10
17. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
18. “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” – John 15:12-13
19. “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” – Colossians 3:12-14